Monday, October 17, 2011

let me introduce myself.

some of you may know me. some of you may not.
for those that haven't met me.
let me introduce myself.

it has been a wonderful journey. let me tell you.
if you want to start from the very beginning, you can read
"my mom's view" written by my mom, of course

CLICK HERE to read it and then come back for the rest.

So now, I am guessing you read the post from my mom?
The post is from November 2010.

As you read, last November I was told I would be having surgery for a Pulmonary Valve replacement.

It's now October 2011. and in February of this year, I did have my surgery.
I again, had my surgery at Doernbecher in Portland, Oregon.

That experience was one I will always remember.
it was emotional. scary. exciting. transforming. and all of the above.

but most of all, life changing.

i believe we are handed these experiences in life for many reasons.
not only has my recent surgery opened my eyes to what life is really all about, 
but it has opened my heart to what i want to do.


with that being said, last year i held a fundraiser for Doernbecher.
I was able to raise enough money to buy 50 Scentsy Buddies (little stuffed animals).
i donated those scentsy buddies to the sick children at Doernbecher ...
 i did that the day before my surgery.


as you can imagine, it was emotional.
but it has stuck in my head every single day.

even though it was a small, and very simple fundraiser.
it was awesome to see people come together ... wanting to help the children.
it puts tears in my eyes, just thinking about it.

i believe that fundraiser was the first step to some big things in my future.

if i could donate and help children with conditions every single day, I WOULD. absolutely, no doubt about it.
THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO ... and it is what I WANT TO DO.


my dream is to have a non profit organization dedicated to those with CHD.
i want to help CHD patients as much as i can ... especially children.
as i know that having an organization is years down the road ...
i also know there are things in the mean time that i can do to make a difference.

so here is my blog. dedicated to CHD and those with CHD.
i will have real patient stories. pictures. videos. facts. history.
you name it.
it will be here. and i invite you to be a part of it.

i will also be holding fundraisers and events soon.
all profits and donations to be given to Doernbecher Children's Hospital and those with CHD.

WHY DOERNBECHER?
because, honestly, without them and those amazing doctors and surgeons ... i don't know if i would be here today. and for that i am thankful ... more than thankful.

your love and support means everything to me.
this is just the beginning of some wonderful, amazing things.

please follow this blog and pass it onto your friends.


















No comments:

Post a Comment